Friday, January 23, 2009

uuuuugggg~

I will post more later about shopping but I am just really really really tired of being taken advantage of. Does anyone else ever feel that way? That some people in your life will have all the time in the world for you if you have something that they want/need but when it comes down to actually doing something fun with you or even going for coffee they choose to act like they don't even know you? Does that make sense?
I am just tired of being used for my knowledge, my connections or my ability to help others. This year, the year of 2009, I am setting limits and not allowing people to use me. I think alot of my 'friends' will be shocked when I don't stop everything and run to their aid in time of need like they are used to me being.
On the other hand I have a friend, TK, that when I asked her to help me make dinner for a member of our church she agreed.. even though she herself has an active family of four kids and a husband. She even offered to take my part and deliver it to the person since she knew I had been working alot of hours yesterday, but since neither of us knew this church member, or had even been out that far, I told her no. I will always remember 'being drunk, and construction sites'... NO we weren't drinking AT ALL but have you ever laughed so hard and been so tired that you felt that way.. that is what it was like for us last night. HEHHEHEHE. TK, you and I don't always see eye to eye on things but I know you are someone REAL that I can count on most of the time. Thanks for being there and being sensitive to me yesterday, that one comment meant alot!
I mean I KNOW that others have a life outside of me, but when you say over and over, 'I want you to come and do...' but yet time and time and time again there is always an excuse, or a 'reason' for this not to occur, but yet your other friends have time made for them, that is what I am talking about. I have to listen to my husband more, because alot of these 'friends' he doesn't really want me to spend time with or hang with. NOT that they are bad people, he is just really good at reading what others are really like and what they want when I am ususally blindsided because xxx and yyy want to be 'my' friends... know what I mean? Several times in this week (or two or three) I have felt taken advantage of and to be honest, I sincerely believe it won't happen again this year. I promised myself and my family that there would be more family time... more them time, more me time. I am not just going to be 'used' for my ability and willingness to be helpful, or my connections on who and what I know, on my jobs fringe benefits, or my money saving knowledge and power (HEHEHEH). This year there will be time made for these things but they will need to be on my timeline, not on theirs.. it will need to be when I have the time or energy, not when they do. It will be when I want it not when they do. I am making that pledge here and now and by putting it on the net it is out there for EVERYONE to see. I do love my friends and that won't change, but will change is my ability to be used and taken advantage of. Like the old saying 'burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me" so they shame is on me this time.. and there won't be a fourth time.
Blessings to everyone~
Mari

No comments: