Sunday, January 18, 2009

Shopping is a full time job??

A few weeks ago I had a friend tell me I turned shopping into a full time job... and it got me to thinking. If I looked at what is in my stockpile right now (not counting what I had just given away in the last 2 weeks) of ONLY my HBA items... then yes, I do consider it a full time job. When, as this week happens, we have too much week to not enough cash, I am fulfilled in the knowledge we won't starve, need HBA items or medication (cold, tylenol, etc) and I know that the money in our checking account WILL get us through this short week. Because of my savy shopping and money saving I am able to provide for my family in weeks to come, in emergencies and alot of times I am able to help others. Am I arrogant, boasting? Am I in need of a bigger hat? Nope, it isn't like I shout it from the roof tops "I HAVE 59 ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER". I know that by planning ahead and couponing and saving money I am in a way working another full time job. So yes, dear Virginia, I have turned shopping into a full time job. In a job you love you do your best, you fulfill your duties and you feel good about yourself. In this I do say that shopping for my family is a full time job. I love it, I enjoy it, and most of all it is a nice way to share myself with others.

Now, I have been asked for 'what' is in my HBA stockpile... I just counted it so you can know it is current (not counting what is currently in the bathrooms or kitchen)..

I have 59 rolls of tp
femine product for gurl 53
deodrants 29
body wash and soap 63
Shampoo and conditioner 38
Razors and toothbrushes 22
Toothpaste and mouthwash 36

All in all a good stockpile for a family of four. Also all of my things are 'brand name' I really don't like to purchase store brand.. NOT that there is anything wrong with store brand rather that they rarely give out coupons. So like the pads are all always and the tampons are playtex and tampax. Shampoo everything from Pantene, Head and shoulders to Suave and whiterain. Deodrants are also a range from suave to rightguard. (having two teenagers in the house I need ALOT of deodrant). So you can see that while I don't 'shop' full time (40 hours) the benefits I have are unmeasurable. I do believe this is a job I will be keeping for a while. Also like my beloved sister in law says 'you don't have to feed it'.. meaning it isn't costing you anything to sit on your shelves waiting to be used.

Now, if this friend just saw my food stockpile....wowsie!

No comments: