Monday, August 2, 2010

decisions...

Some friends are like hula hoops. As long as you do all the work of supporting them & keeping them up, they'll stay at your side. But if you stop...they drop.

this was borrowed off of a friends status on facebook but it was something I pondered all weekend.

do you have a friend that always seems to take but not give? who complains about having to do so much but yet finds time to do what they want while others sacrafice? I do. I have two of such people in my life. Well I should say HAD! This summer has been a summer of growth not just for me physically and emotionally but also spiritually. Sometimes it is hard to say goodbye to something/someone you have known for 10+ years, but sometimes it is for the best. Sometimes it is the hardest thing you have ever had to do but most of the time it is for the best. Sometimes!

Giving up someone as a friend can be the hardest thing to ever do in your life. I picked up my phone numerous times to call this person when i found a good deal in the store, when I had some exciting news to share and when i needed a shoulder. It was hard to break that habit of mine but after almost 2 months of it I can almost say i am 'cured'. I still see this friend out and about and I am cordial and nice but not friendly. Another friend put it as cautiously friendly. But then I also found that the person I had confided in about friend above was running her mouth to friend above about what i said. So another friendship belt cut! LOL. Luckily this friend was and always had been one that was a give to me, i need, i want, friend so there wasn't too much to loose~ not much time and effort was required to just say ignore for them. LOL. (I am so loving the 'hide' button on fb)

But God gives us people for a season and it ok to let go when the season is over. Do I want a bestie I can confide in? by all means, but I also learned that I have that in two people. First off is God, he hears all my concerns. Secondly is my bff of 19 years, my manbear! I love both of these strong men in my life.

I also learned it is ok to have acquaintances, not friends. You don't have to be everyone's bff in life. One of the hardest things for me to learn was to say 'no' to others that were constantly needy. People tend to remember all the things that they helped you do, but forget what you have done for them. Yes, you helped me move, for 4 hours, not all day like you keep telling people. But do you remember the numerous times, and i mean numerous times, I babysat one or all of your kids so you could run your errands for an hour that turned into 3 hours because you found more to do? Yes, there is still some bitterness but it is getting lighter. I am human, therefore I feel! LOL. But like I said I have been working on this for the summer so I will put some more of it 'to bed' as time goes on.

Some friends are like hula hoops. As long as you do all the work of supporting them & keeping them up, they'll stay at your side. But if you stop...they drop.

This is my new thought on life...who is my hulahoop and who is my waist~!

No comments: